Thursday, June 12, 2008

thursday in pictures.



Let's say I lost my ability to speak - I would probably use these photos to describe my day today. This photo (above left) of stripes from A Cup Of Joe made me instantly happy and covetous of those socks! Any photo by Roland Bello (above right) shows me what photography can be - oh! the richness of his colors and the simplicity of his styling.



This photo (above) from ffffound - MADE the day. Deep deep belly laughs. And so as not to convince you that I spend all my time just looking around the internet at photos - my own work today was delightful in it's own way. These brave c0-workers - even in comp photos I'm not even going to use in the real design - showed me a thing or two about why I love being a photographer. Behind the athletic gear (they would never be caught dead wearing, otherwise!), there is always personality, feeling, and a soul to capture. Thanks guys!

Copyright Leah Dankertson: Chad and Matthew

But if you had to sum up what I feel today - thursday, the day before Friday the 13th {eeek!} - it would have to be this picture - that stares back at me from my desktop - Corey Arnold's beautiful work. Gives me goosebumps and makes me smile. Simultaneously.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

I haven't seen Corey Arnold's work yet... nice stuff... thanks for posting it.

Kurt said...

okay, i have been exploring Arnold's site more and I'm obsessed now... who is this guy and why have I not noticed or remembered him before? It's that northerner connection... the ice, the cold... I totally connect to it.