Tuesday, July 15, 2008

eureka!

Copyright 2008 Leah Dankertson

The best part about unpacking after a big move is discovering things you thought you had lost forever. Almost a year ago, I realized that my little digital camera (the one I take everywhere and use for ideas and inspiration) wasn't charging anymore. Blasted cheap camera! Procrastination lead to more procrastination, but when I finally managed to special order the battery and pick it up, I had lost the camera itself! Sadness swept over me and I couldn't help but think about it every time I was around town with something amazing right in front of me and not able to capture it.

When packing up to move to my new house, I found it - in the most embarrassingly obvious place, of course - and was excited to pop the new battery in and start shooting again. But nothing happened. Bagh! Again, sadness swept over me. Thankfully my papa is smarter than me, otherwise I never would have been reminded to.....charge the battery! Charged and ready I couldn't help but capture my excitement (see below).

Copyright 2008 Leah Dankertson Me

The photos above are only a selection of the goods that were Rip Van Winking on my camera over the last year - you can find more of them here.

"Creativity is not the finding of a thing, but the making
something out of it after it is found."

JAMES RUSSELL LOWELL (1819 - 1891)

1 comment:

Madge Bloom @ The View From Right Here said...

You look great! I'll be back to read again. - Madge