Friday, October 31, 2008

cover therapy...

Music is for many, an inspiration all it's own. I know for myself, it's not only a passion it's the thin layer surrounding all of my work. Influencing it, whether I know it is or not. Even if I'm not even listening to it. It's there.

Art, design, and music have a long history together, I know, and I am often bowled over by beautiful cd packaging and LP covers. Secretly wanting to...er...lick it...it's so good! (Please tell me I'm not the only designer that feels this urge when they see great design!) But honestly, I haven't really been too impressed lately. Maybe it's just that I'm not looking hard enough or paying the right amount of attention. (Being poorish has a way of putting blinders on me.) So, I want to change this and offer to you today the first in what I hope to be a regular dialogue of great covers that are not only inspiring, but are just plane ol' "lickable"!


"So what, pray tell us, is the cover that spurred on this little rant?" It's the cover of The Walkmen album You & Me. Strong typography. Strong photography. I kind of don't want to mess it up with descriptive words that would only distract you from enjoying it. But I love it in every way. I'm doing a little detective work on the designer....and will update with my findings.

Question to the masses:
What covers have inspired you, lately?

2 comments:

eric said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
eric said...

"You and I" would be proper. Perhaps they meant it.